Wednesday, January 04, 2006



putting parsley around the pig

That's sometimes what we do as landscape architects: dress up bad projects. Ah, marginalized professions. It's all I know. The picture is from Field Guide to Sprawl by Dolores Hayden, which defines 40 or so terms related to sprawl, including "parsley..." This project is a golf course in Palm Desert, CA, that "has been irrigated to create fairways and an artificial waterfall decorated with riotous plant materials in vivid colors." Actually, doesn't sound like a bad project at all.

Since I'm blogged out from staying up last night reading blogs I wish I were writing (like this one, even though Carl insists on this one--really the only difference is Mimi has a child), I'll stick the filler self-portrait here and write for real tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home